It is simple, virtually foolproof, and relies on easy to store ingredients.
1. Cook up some Jasmine rice with lots of turmeric on top while the water is boiling. That will improve both the flavor and the visuals.
2. Cook some ground hamburger. Toss in a fair amount of cumin. For this recipe I find the ground, non-fresh version of cumin better, so its taste does not overwhelm the dish.
3. When the hamburger is two or three minutes away from being done, toss in a whole bunch of raisins. The end of the cooking will soften and moisten them, but without pulverizing them. Make sure you are tossing the beef (and raisins) regularly at that point.
4. Put the finished beef on top of the yellow rice, and lather plain, whole fat yogurt on top. It will be better if you buy your yogurt from an Indian grocery.
5. And put it on a blue plate. Serve with mineral water.